Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dreams continued...

Bizarre things often make themselves prominent to people consciously or unconsciously. Referring to the earlier post on a quote, I was surprised at the fact that how a particular situation seemed to reoccur so often leaving me numbed at all instances.


The first one which I previously mentioned was in the final installment of the Harry Potter series as an after death experience. Or rather something between life and death. Although it left a lot to your own perception.


I could very well count the instance when Neo (The Matrix) lay unconscious and found himself at the train station as a similar incident but surely I had but then believed that something like this could only happen in the matrix. This can thus be counted as the first experience which apparently went unnoticed.


A third encounter with a similar situation came in the form of a hindi movie this time. Delhi 6 by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. The lead protagonist, Abhishek Bachchan, happens to have a similar in between life and death experience and like the other two situations, comes out alive. Now I may even have ignored this instance if I had not gone over this again.


A book based on a real life story by a psychiatrist named Brian Weiss talks about patients who have such in between life and death experiences which they come out of alive. Apart from this the patients reveal information from their past lives to the doctor which is nothing but startling. Opens your mind to your own existence.

A recent occurrence was in a sitcom named Grey's Anatomy where again the lead protagonist, Meredith Grey, happens to end up in the nowhere of human perception. The state between life and death. This event surely set my mind racing on how different mediums end up having similar stories and incidents so well weaved into their persona and how odd it was for me to have made the connection.

A very weird phenomena I must say. But it makes me ponder. What happens after life ? What it means to be not dead but not alive either ? What does being in a coma mean ? Life sure has lots of questions for us to find answers to. Someday maybe we will...

No comments: