On the hilltop by the night
i had a dream, a distant view
all it had was a silent scream
silence for me, scream for you.
The scream said a lot
the silence even more.
I was snapped out of it.
There was a knock at the door
Couldnt sleep that night,
couldnt even fake.
Question I asked,
was it the scream
or the silence that kept me awake.
The scream as it seemed to me
was one of a distressed plight.
Full of agony, full of pain
that went through me all night.
The silence seemed so unreal,
something hard to believe.
Bounding the restless scream so tight
it wouldn't let it leave.
'Let me out' was what the scream said,
don't push me on your way.
I have a life, I have a mind
at least let me have a say.
Silently the silence carried it along
right up till the end.
Authority. Command. Silent power.
It was a perfect blend.
I felt the scream as it went
all the way down my spine.
The impact it left made it certain,
the scream was actually mine.
The silence was this world around
this endless shining hollow,
ready to pounce upon my throat,
waiting for me to swallow.
The worlds a stage and we mere actors
a great man had once said,
was then free will a mere illusion
the answer to this i dread.
Reality might seldom be
as cruel as we may dream,
dreams still come true
impossible they may seem.
No comments:
Post a Comment