Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dreams?

'Of course its inside your head, but how on earth does that stop it from being real?'

Does not seem like a typical dream. Sounds pretty much like the matrix to me. Its actually from a book I (re)read recently. Hmmm ... couldnt get which one? Not a cause of worry. The important thing is what it can mean to different people.

The character in the book seemed to go into a trance and then had a conversation with the above quote being said. It was as if he was dead ... and not really dead. He was at this railway station (wo! how close to the matrix can this get) with a dead man with half moon spectacles and if that wasnt enough to tell you which book I am referring to then maybe you have not read it.

He is not ready to believe that all that is happening is really true and asks the question "Isnt all this just a dream inside my head?". A question we ask so many times. To ourselves. To others. The line I started with was the answer that he got. It only tried to say that our thoughts are as good as real if we are ready to learn from them.

I happened to interpret it differently the second time I read it. To me it meant that nothing in this world can stop a dream from becoming true. If I can believe in my dream I can make it happen. Dreams are like seeing the future reality and its up to you to make it true.

I loved this interpretation of the answer.

3 comments:

Arsheen said...

the quote is from the final installment of Harry Potter...

Arsheen said...

oops! looks like i wasn't supposed to give out the name.. but you're right about the 2nd interpretation yo!

Sanchit Arora said...

well no harm in giving it out... i wasnt trying to keep it a secret anyways :P